Tanja Ting - born in Denmark, living in Ibiza, a former model, now goldsmith, mother of 2, an avid photographer, experimenting chef and above all seeker of healthy food, nourishing living and well-being. In her book, Pure Goodness, Tanja gives you plenty of easy to make, tasty and healthy recipes for the whole family to enjoy. All recipes are gluten and sugar-free and the ingredients are easy to come by wherever you live. Tanja wanted to make a book where healthy eating can be delicious with recipes that are easy to follow.
Tanja wrote this beautiful recipe book inspired by her journey to discovering she was gluten intolerant. She discovered she had Candida and through diet, found she could live a healthy, happy, Candida free life. Her recipe book is full of delicious meals and desserts. She also has a wonderful Facebook group dedicated to helping those with Candida called Candida Free.
What is Candida?
Candida is a genus of yeasts and is the most common cause of fungal infections worldwide. Many species are harmless commensals or endosymbionts of hosts including humans; however when mucosal barriers are disrupted or the immune system is compromised they can invade and cause disease. Candida albicans is the most commonly isolated species, and can cause infections (candidiasis or thrush) in humans.
Many species are found in gut flora, including C. albicans in mammalian hosts, whereas others live as endosymbionts in insect hosts. Systemic infections of the bloodstream and major organs (candidemia or invasive candidiasis), particularly in immunocompromised patients, affect over 90,000 people a year in the U.S. The DNA of several Candida species have been sequenced.
Antibiotics promote yeast infections, including gastrointestinal Candida overgrowth, and penetration of the GI mucosa. While women are more susceptible to genital yeast infections, men can also be infected. Certain factors, such as prolonged antibiotic use, increase the risk for both men and women. People with diabetes or impaired immune systems, such as those with HIV, are more susceptible to yeast infections.
Via http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Candida_(fungus) where you can read more.
Here are 10 common candida symptoms:
1. Skin and nail fungal infections (such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus)
2. Feeling tired and worn down or suffering from chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia
3. Digestive issues such as bloating, constipation, or diarrhea
4. Autoimmune diseases such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, Rheumatoid arthritis, Ulcerative colitis, Lupus, Psoriasis, Scleroderma or Multiple sclerosis
5. Difficulty concentrating, poor memory, lack of focus, ADD, ADHD and brain fog
6. Skin issues such as eczema, psoriasis, hives, and rashes
7. Irritability, mood swings, anxiety, or depression
8. Vaginal infections, urinary tract infections, rectal itching or vaginal itching
9. Severe seasonal allergies or itchy ears
10. Strong sugar and refined carbohydrate cravings
Tanja's recipes not only look amazing but taste delicious. So whether you have Candida or not, these delights are sure to be a hit on any dining room table!